Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys consider the Indepentdent front suspension a detriment or an advantage? Thanks for an awesome board.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
It depends on what your doing. The IFS definatly has a better ride than a straight axle but straight axle is stronger beacause there are less parts and less moving parts to break. However the IFS is extreamly strong and has very few problems. The IFS also will pull better over uneven ground because it lets each wheel get better traction.

To answer your question in comparison of the two Id say over all its an advantage. :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I have always loved SFAs but my last 4 (counting my current 2) have been ifs chevys and i have yet to have a problem and have only ever gotten one of them stuck 1 time! If i had not beefed up the steering on my truck i would have broke it by now but not the suspension its self!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Unless you are going to try and send some major power through the front end in some serious off road applications the IFS is a better front end.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Advantage! Has anyone ever seen a duramax axle hop with the front end while pulling? I havent, seen many SFA do it though. Like what was said before the abillty for the front tires to move seperatly makes a difference.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
did i miss something... is this a dodge discussion??? we don't ride solid here... wow. just think about it.... the IFS is so much more agile! i cant even think about driving a solid axle truck again! HUGE ADVANTAGE!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts