Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
My first post! But, it's not a good one :(

I tried to search this but no luck.
I recently ripped on a fire road :gearjamin and the check engine light came on and the motor started running like crap! then for a few minutes it would be fine, then crap again for a few minutes. When I turned it off, it didn't start and when I flipped the hood the Ignition relay was turning on off like 10 times a second (with the keys out) when I turn the ignition on it goes up to about 20 times a second.

To get my truck started I had to strip a small wire piece, remove the relay and hard wire it (one wire from one corner diagonal to the opposite).

It runs fine with the wire, check engine light went out, but I have to remove the wire when it's off or it will drain the battery. - and I don't trust it.

What is going on? I've never heard of this happening.

Some notes to add:
- I tired using another relay, it did the same
- I installed my self a 6" Fabtech lift and 37's 2 days before the issue.
- 3 days before the issue, my tranny fluid got low and my neutral safety back up (NSBU) wouldn't let me pass 3rd, and the shifter was inhbited
- the fire road also melted my wheel speed sensors slightly being too close to the discs causing the parking brake and abs light to come on (which later turned off)
- I only have one battery connected (fully charged it's the front one)

Hope I can figure this out! Thanks a lot guys!

· Im Superrrrr!
14,913 Posts
what did you do with the connectors for the 2nd battery?

Sounds almost like something is grounding out

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just jammed them so they are floating, I checked that they were not in contact with anything an are pretty solid.... I'm stumped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.