Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have seen a few of you on here have the II twins kit, What kind of tricks and helpful hints some I know while doing the install friday.. :drink

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
if you can't find anything on here....look over on Duramaxdiesels.com

I think it is a pre-requisite to join that site lol....I was grandfathered in I think lol

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Patience........

I had to use a right angle drill to tap my oil pan. I dont have the II kit or a LBZ though

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
bit

why did you use a right angle drill, I was just gonna put grease on the tip..

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
why did you use a right angle drill bit, I was just gonna put grease on the tip..
No a actual drill, it's pretty tight in there. I cant say I drilled the hole I had someone else do it while I watched. Haha

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Twins

Yea I got that I was like HUH well from what i have herd the stock down pipe and the new up pipe is the hardest part

·
Registered
297 Posts
No a actual drill, it's pretty tight in there. I cant say I drilled the hole I had someone else do it while I watched. Haha
lol. I had my buddy do it, so if he messed up I had someone to blame :D
But it is a pita! We also used an angle drill.

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
Starter is a bitch. Hardest part I would say. Up pipe ain't hard just use a ratchet and cheater bar and the bolts come loose no prob. It was an eas install just a bit vague with instructions so I needed to ask a few ?s I have an lmm though too... Not sure how big a difference they are...

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
plan on some long days, the up pipes it they are real tight do them from the pass side fender with a breaker.

I also used an angle drill to tap the oil pan, what myself and others have done is: make sure your oil level is above full drill the hole and let the shavings come out, while the oil is still coming out of the upper oil pan tap it then let the rest of the oil finish draining out the top.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.