Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys most of us have illegal exhaust if we look at a certain federal or state law but when it comes down to it some laws contradict others. i live in central washington and wondering if anybody can tell me the RCW's for diesel heavy light-duty pickups over 6000 lbs. i have a friend with an LLY that just got a no muffler ticket...

ive heard that turbos count as mufflers and ive heard of certain laws that say all must have a muffler or that no diesels need mufflers.

Can anybody on here tell me where to look beside searching for hours through the rcws for the correct laws state & federal?

Thanks guys!

im doing this as a favor to him and to try and save my butt from getting a no muffler ticket... ill be upset as theres approx 500 dodges in the county with no muffler.

·
Registered
108 Posts
just pay it. Since they actually wrote him that ticket he was probably hot rodding or something. I have been warned but never ticketed for it but unfortynatly if the COUNTY has that ordinence then hes screwed. If he was to have a shop put one in and right a reciept or just get a reciept written in court they will most likly drop it at the least reduce the ticket.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I got my ticket dropped because the female cop didn't get on her hands and knees to actually check

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
What were they doing when they got the ticket?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I got my ticket dropped because the female cop didn't get on her hands and knees to actually check
haha, mind is turning on that one..

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
In the stae of texas the law staes that a turbo does count as a muffler but if the truck came with a muffler from the factory you are supposed to have one. Right now were I am located all they check for on diesels is if you have a muffler for inspection they are currently not checking for the DPF or any of the other emmisions equipment.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Its state law...only way around it basically is if they didnt look or you were using it for off road use. I dont think there is anyway around it, it even states that if its louder then stock they can give you a ticket. I dont think it being a 6000k lb truck or diesel gives you any help here...

RCW 46.37.390

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
What James said is also true in washington, if it came from the factory with a muffler you deleting it is enough for a ticket regaurdless if they count the turbo as a muffler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts