Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my second d-max, it's a 2011 lml with a deletes, H&S tuner, 5" straight exh! This truck is a beast. My questions are can you drive around on the performance setting, and what what mods should I be looking to do next? Oh it has 79500 miles on her!

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
welcome, and the performance setting is fine, be mindful of the stock tranny. I would do a lift pump first thing. Constant pressure, filtration, water and air removal and helps take the strain off the mechanical pump. The delete the egr or block it. After that a trans and then the sky is the limit with $$$

Post pics of the beast

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
Get the mcc from kory willis :thumb

Running his 150 street tune and im having so many problems, traction control has no idea what to do, simple fix, turn that off, my tires keep losing traction, simple fix, prepare to buy more tires, way to loud for women and small children, turbo makes this annoying sound, my right foot has turned to lead, may need to see a doctor..... bad stuff :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wonder if I do the fass 150 again, I have one on my 05! Do you have to do the race valve again or shims!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get the mcc from kory willis :thumb

Running his 150 street tune and im having so many problems, traction control has no idea what to do, simple fix, turn that off, my tires keep losing traction, simple fix, prepare to buy more tires, way to loud for women and small children, turbo makes this annoying sound, my right foot has turned to lead, may need to see a doctor..... bad stuff :D
So do I go about doing this? I'm having the same problem! Crazy lol
But the traction is making me mad!! Lol

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
People haven't been shimming or putting in race valve on the lml like previous years.

I run around with 700+ lbs of concrete in my bed and im still breaking loose on dry pavement :thumb

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
People haven't been shimming or putting in race valve on the lml like previous years.

I run around with 700+ lbs of concrete in my bed and im still breaking loose on dry pavement :thumb
Nice, installing mine on the 05, was a bear. I had to take the fuel rail off! :drink

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
welcome, and the performance setting is fine, be mindful of the stock tranny. I would do a lift pump first thing. Constant pressure, filtration, water and air removal and helps take the strain off the mechanical pump. The delete the egr or block it. After that a trans and then the sky is the limit with $$$

Post pics of the beast
How do you upload pics to the post?

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Welcome

·
WOOD... man!
4,203 Posts

·
Registered
5,483 Posts