Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of doing my injectors as i went to remove the return lines on the injector all the allen heads are stripped and tight as hell!! i tried vice grips, channel locks and am about to try to get a star bit in there i dont have any new bolts or anything but injector kit. where can i get new bolts...i can get them out somehow..but they might not be usable after that..I dont want to destroy them any help is awesome..im down in the houston area so if theres anyone that knows of any shops that will have parts and be open tomorrow thanks

·
Premium Member
17,807 Posts
Sometimes when a screw/bolt is to tight to turn-- you can tap it with a hammer and that may loosen it a bit. If it is an allen, have the allen tool in the socket head.

They also make a impact driver-- it is about the same size as a heavy duty deep socket-- you put the bit in the end, place it on the bolt, twist it the direction you want to go, hold it, and strike the end with a hammer. That will loosen many tight screws.

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Merchant sells all the bolts I believe.

Contact Henry with creatures of the night aka rippf666 (or something close) He will treat you right. He is an awesome guy to deal with and won't rip ya off!!! He will def be my go-to guy for ALL GM parts in the future!!!

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
i thought there were guys replacing them w/ standard grade 8 hex bolts from the hardware stores??

·
Banned
410 Posts
i thought there were guys replacing them w/ standard grade 8 hex bolts from the hardware stores??
No, they were replacing the valve cover bolts. The banjo bolt on the return line would be really hard to find from any hardware store.

To the OP, just use a vise grips to crank them off, and buy a set of new bolts from a dealer, ripmff666, or Merchant Auto.

·
Registered
945 Posts
A torx bit works great on a stripped allen bolt. I use them at work all the time when allen strippes them haven't had one not come out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Im in the process of doing my injectors as i went to remove the return lines on the injector all the allen heads are stripped and tight as hell!! i tried vice grips, channel locks and am about to try to get a star bit in there i dont have any new bolts or anything but injector kit. where can i get new bolts...i can get them out somehow..but they might not be usable after that..I dont want to destroy them any help is awesome..im down in the houston area so if theres anyone that knows of any shops that will have parts and be open tomorrow thanks
These work great and you can get them at almost any auto store or other places.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Can also try a Metric and SAE allen, small 3/8 impact is a must as well as tapping down on it with a punch first its works. Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
GM dealer had all I needed to replace driver side return line, gaskets and the banjo bolts in stock. I screwed one bolt up and then the line getting it off. If it even looks like the line is damaged replace it - won't even start if it's leaking.... ask me how I know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts