Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Im new to diesels

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  02 FL Duramax 
#1 ·
Hey my name is marcus im new to the diesel world and this DF, i currently own a chevy big block suburban, but plan on buying a duramax not long after school and just want to get some info about what to buy, i've heard good things about the lbz but im not sure thanks

#2 ·
lbz and lmm are the best motors in my opinion..lmm you will just have all the emissions stuff on it..i prefer the lmm's personally but its all in what you're looking for..welcome to the forum btw

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum!

- Adam

#4 ·
Most any of them are great trucks. For what you would pay for a LBZ you can get a LB7 and put new injectors and other go fast goodies on it
Don't get me wrong I love my LBZ and have had no issues with it. I am just saying do not be afraid to buy any generation of the Dmax

#6 ·
Welcome to the DF

Sent from my DROIDX

#7 ·
thanks for the welcomes

#9 ·
Having never owned a lbz I'm sure its a great truck but I love my lmm. I've rode in a few lbz and they are nice but IMO I'd go with the lmm and get rid of the DPF junk and you'll love it

#10 ·
Welcome to the forum

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.