Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok i'm sure this has been asked before but i cant find it. Do all chevy and gmc 2500 and 3500's have the in cab air filter? where is it? and how much of a pain in the ass is it to change?
I have a 2004.5 GMC 2500HD like my sig says, it is the SLE and i do have the dual zone air control, but not the automatic climate control. so im wondering if i have the in cabin filter and how long ago i should have changed it? my rig currently has 147,000 on it and if it has this filter I have never changed it.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
after 02 i think they stopped putting them in the trucks.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
they just made it so you can't post any reply that is less than "10 characters", I can only assume they did it to cut down on all the "+1" responses.

so... when someone asks a question where a simple "no" or "yes" will do, I just add "10 characters" to comply.

:D

it's a autoforums.com thing... they made the same change at diesel place....

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
think i remember reading 03...either way i doubt you have one....easiest way to check is look it up on autozone or another parts store.

or call a dealer.

When I changed mine, the box the filter came in said they were good for 15k miles....lol pretty sure the change i did at 130k was the first time. So you can imagine what it did look like.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
they just made it so you can't post any reply that is less than "10 characters", I can only assume they did it to cut down on all the "+1" responses.

so... when someone asks a question where a simple "no" or "yes" will do, I just add "10 characters" to comply.

:D

it's a autoforums.com thing... they made the same change at diesel place....
lol yeah....seen the OP edited his post so wasn't sure if I missed something.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
lol... i know it's stupid... but oh well.

there is no cabin air filter after 2002.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all the parts store list one for my rig. if there is one where would it be? inder the passenger side of the dash? or in the engine compartment?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
if it had one...there is a black casing that goes over the fans and such in the passenger side footwell...

take that off....should be like 4-6 screws....

Then you will a small door....kinda like your house furnace.. Pull that out and there they be.

That is if you have it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok thanks.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
lol.....hell you never know.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
The parts stores didnt update or change their listings. I dont think it was even an option for our trucks in your year. I am pretty positive you do not have interior filter. If you still have your window sticker, look for hepa filtration or something like that.

I know there was a kit for our trucks on the dieselplace to put the filters in. Yeah, 03 was probably the last year...I couldnt remember...I know my 04 doesnt have it.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
just tryin to save this cat some time. :drink

I bet if you searched for spark plugs, some online auto parts store would say they have some for your truck. :D

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts

I bet if you searched for spark plugs, some online auto parts store would say they have some for your truck. :D
and I'd buy em in a sec....think mine are going bad...it smokes like crazy

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
and I'd buy em in a sec....think mine are going bad...it smokes like crazy
:rof

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters."

:rof

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
lol ...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

i believe you. i am not at my house right now so i cant look. i was just wondering where it Would be IF i had one. it would make sense if i did though besause i dont get shit for flow unless im on high.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts