Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 07 GMC Sierra 2500HD it has 195K has started acting weird.... back story! a couple weeks ago my husband took it on a longer trip down hunting pulling a trailer he told me it was running warmer and when we get home needs a tranny service. and 2 days later it pulled the TMC P0842 code. Anyways I went ahead and got the tranny serviced and the fuel filter done too. And it’s been running great for 2 plus weeks now and last night on my way home from work as I was slowing down coming to a stop it had a hard jerk going down into gears and I slowed down and then pulled the same code again TMC P0842 and EMC P0700. This time around pulled a second code. So I guess I’m wondering if any of y’all have had this same thing? Or similar? I’m stressed out and have an appointment tomorrow. But was wondering if any of you guys know anything about it. The Tmc code says it’s the tranny pressure stabilizer. Any advice is great! Thanks

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
says it’s the tranny pressure stabilizer.
P0842 = Tran Fluid Pres Sensor/Switch A Circ Lo

P0700....just triggers the dash light to illuminate.
Electrical in nature, perhaps a harness check over look see?

Service done (changed some fluid) probably had no issue with the code/issue being silent for a while. Clear the code and see if it comes back.

Electrical in nature,
It's NOT a new trans required issue, I wouldn't stress much on it.
have an appointment tomorrow
Hopefully it's a shop with Allison experience. But I think with the intermittent occurrence and no other codes thrown, it's probably going to be a harness issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much! I cleared them after I wrote them down last night and came to work today and it drove great! Until I was coming to a stop and it sifted hard again.... but no codes. I appreciate your response thank you!

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Suspension lean forward when stopping could be enough movement to show a short or loss of contact in the harness/plug.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
Let us know what they find out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts