Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone increased their battery capacity over the stock size batteries? I'm currently running two Northstar AGM Group 48 batteries for a total of 134AH's. Looking to add more without having to add a stand alone battery.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Has anyone increased their battery capacity over the stock size batteries? I'm currently running two Northstar AGM Group 48 batteries for a total of 134AH's. Looking to add more without having to add a stand alone battery.
You can put in any battery that will fit and also meets or exceeds the required CA / CCA. You could also frame mount aux batteries.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Whats your end goal? For what purpose do you need increased batt capacity?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats your end goal? For what purpose do you need increased batt capacity?
200+ Ah. Truck is a mobile office at the moment running lots of electronic gear, working for the DoD off grid.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
As mentioned anything that will fit.... Look at the Odyssey Extreme series..

https://www.odysseybattery.com/Specs/ExtremeSeries

I run a pair in my off road jeep, also with a lot of electronics, lighting and more importantly a lot of winching, that pull big amps... And when on the trails we are only running low speed / idling, so we never get a high rpm charge from the alt (136AMP) , and they keep up w my needs...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
If you have the in bed 7 way connector in the bed for a gooseneck, it would be very easy to wire in a couple spares the would be charged when running, and capable of sending 25 amps or more back to truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts