Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THats what i am wanting to put into my truck after this deployment but my question is would that be over kill for my intentions for my truck. I am wanting to push 750+ hp after doing what i want to do. My list includes danville stage ii 68mm turbo, airdog ii 100gph pump, ppe stage iv rebuild and triple disc converter, and a few other supporting mods. So would that be over kill for my goal off what i want to accomplish or would it be ok to go with because i will obviously want to go higher with power once i get all that put in?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Idk if you want 100s.....Esp if this is gonna be a DD. 60s might be more appropriate.

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
Your missing all the parts for building your motor if your goals are that high.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well that is my goal in the long run, i dont plan on being there with what im wanting. some things i didnt include are new pistons, rods, studs, cooling components, new piping, but excluding what i just now named and named previously what else would you recomend?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my complete list that i will be purchasing once back in the states, honest opinion on it all and numbers expected. afe cold air intake w/ elbow, airdog ii 200 gph pump, sinister egr delete kit, carillo rods and pistons, industrial 100% injectors, ppe stage v rebuild w/ converter, danville stage ii 68mm turbo, and new studs then getting some new tuning. ive saved a few bucks up and will have a good bit more when i am back from this deployment and thats what i want to do.

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
well that is my goal in the long run, i dont plan on being there with what im wanting. some things i didnt include are new pistons, rods, studs, cooling components, new piping, but excluding what i just now named and named previously what else would you recomend?
Valve springs

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so adding new springs to my list and ill have a complete set up for the time being?

·
Always in process
1,002 Posts
I would go with Exergy for the injectors and All Season Diesel for the EGR delete. Call a few builders and discuss what your goals are and go from there.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would if i could but have very limited access to calling the states and also the whole time difference for me makes it even harder. They are asleep when i am awake.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
60% injectors will get u to your goal easily, and I wouldnt go with industrial, go with exergy

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whats better with exergy over industrial?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Industrial has a bad rep for injectors failing after 20k odd miles

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well then i will go with exergy haha. anything else i should watch out for? stay away from?

·
Registered
257 Posts
wont the turbo only be good to around 650hp?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I did exergy 30% for my "build" good people and they do military discount, I didn't go through any vendors I went straight to them, only "down side" is they are a small shop it seems and it took them a week to start mine but I didn't lose any down time...I would glady use them again

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
would i still be able to have drivability with a 72mm?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
also usafduramax, what do you have to do to get the nat defense ribbon under your stuff?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just got a set of 20% II injectors for my lb7, sure enough I had a bad one right out of the box. They did warrant it but it's still a PITA to take it apart again...wishing I would have gotten exergy!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts