Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I know the topic of leveling kits has been beaten to death here, and it seems most feel cognito is the best, however my budget is a bit tight considering that I am a college student who owns an 01 with 235000 on it. Never the less I care about my ride quality and truck enough to avoid tourturing my truck by cranking the stock set up. I will be needing new tires soon and I think a little more height plus some 285s would make the truck look much more proportional then the current 265s so if anyone wants to drop some knowledge I could use a little guidence towards some good kits that will sit my truck up 2-3in higher and maintain my ride quality. I know ya get what ya pay for but I don't need anything top notch, i just wanna stay comfy and avoid shoddy quality.

If it makes any difference my truck usually sees pretty moderate loads for what it can handle and I only pull a heavy trailer once in a great while. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Any time you crank your front end, via stock torsion keys or lift keys, your ride quality is going to disintegrate, and quickly. Not to mention your cv angles aren't going to be very pretty. just the nature of the beast. if you want a smooth riding leveling set up, you have to pay to play and go cognito

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
you're not going to like it but you NEED cognito UCA's to do all of that and do it right. no way around it really

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Any time you crank your front end, via stock torsion keys or lift keys, your ride quality is going to disintegrate, and quickly. Not to mention your cv angles aren't going to be very pretty. just the nature of the beast. if you want a smooth riding leveling set up, you have to pay to play and go cognito
Not necessarily. When i cranked mine the ride actually got better, but I only went a few turns. They were almost bottomed out from the factory. The ride starts getting bad when you overcrank, and give the cv's a nice steep angle.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
i've got tough country keys in mine ~ $100

my ride didnt suffer a bit, just picked up the front end from the taller keys.

had it aligned, wasnt far from true and go on down the road.

i could put 305's under mine if i wanted to

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Leveling keys do the same as cranking..you can get about an inch or more by just cranking. Like said above, the only way to do it right is through the cognito setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts