Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:helpHey everyone. I'm wanting to lift my truck around three to four inches just in the front, but i don't want to have to pay the price for a suspension system. I already have ready lift torsion keys, but i want more lift than that is giving me. Anyone know of anything i can do?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly enough, i've come to realize that the hard way. "Bone Stock"

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
a body lift, some dont like them, some do... personnel prefference

me personnaly would save the money for a susp lift

·
Registered
86 Posts
why on a 40k truck would you wanna use inferrier or inexpensive parts ? just my two cents

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Honestly I would not put a body lift on anything but an old mudd truck. I wouldn't be to cheap with a lift kit either. IMO

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i've already pulled the $2k trigger on wheels and tires and i flipped the rear blocks trying to get it to "squat" in the back, but it just seems to be sitting level. I could crank the torsion bars, but i don't want it to ride like a carriage, so i guess i'm stuck with susp or body lift. I'm not looking for inferior, but just more of a way around an expensive suspension lift.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
how are you running 20in rims w/ 35's without a lift?

I would spend the money on a suspension lift. Like a cognito torsion bar drop 6inch lift or something, since its torsion bar drop should be a few hundred dollars cheaper than a non drop

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright, i'll look into that. And i'm not really sure how they aren't scrubbing because i havn't cut anything out. They don't scrub any at all though. Also, what kind of mileage are you getting on your LLY? And what is your opinion on turning the torsion bars all the way up?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alright, i'll look into that. I'm not really sure how they cleared, but they did. They don't scrub at all and i haven't even cut anything out. Also, what kind of mileage are you getting on your LLY? And what's your opinion on turning the torsion bars all the way up?

·
Registered
526 Posts
lol leave the guy alone :p

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oops. I didn't mean to repeat myself. Dmax1224, not to critique or anything, but how did you afford that kinda ride if you're only 17?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Alright, i'll look into that. I'm not really sure how they cleared, but they did. They don't scrub at all and i haven't even cut anything out. Also, what kind of mileage are you getting on your LLY? And what's your opinion on turning the torsion bars all the way up?
I used to have 285/75/16's on mine and my bars have been turned all the way up for the last 30k miles with no problems.. I just made the switch to 20's so im looking at cognito 6inch susp lift kits right now, probably gonna go with the non torsion bar drop kit and some nice shocks.

If i did it over again though I wouldnt turn my bars all the way up, I would do it right the first time, I would just save a pay check or 2 when possible and do the lift right. But man I love my LLY with a good EFI live tune from Idaho Rob I see about 18-19mpg on the Interstate driving conservativly.

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Jank-A-Lank
1,339 Posts
Oops. I didn't mean to repeat myself. Dmax1224, not to critique or anything, but how did you afford that kinda ride if you're only 17?
would you post a pic of your truck id like to see the 35's on there. i have 35's on my ford so if i can save 1400 bucks and keep them id do it.

just wanna see how you did it thats all

1 - 20 of 41 Posts