Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when i turn on high idle how long does it stay in high idle before it goes back to normal idle and does it only do the high idle when its a certain temperature outside? Sorry if these are weird questions but i have never used it and am not sure.

Lmm Guy

·
Registered
108 Posts
Not following what you mean here. There is elevated idle which it will rev up to a certain temp and then idle down. Then there is that actual high idle if your truck was ordered with it and as far as I know that will stay in high idle till you cancel it. Least I don’t recall my truck ever idling itself down when I engaged the high idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jakep4401

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not following what you mean here. There is elevated idle which it will rev up to a certain temp and then idle down. Then there is that actual high idle if your truck was ordered with it and as far as I know that will stay in high idle till you cancel it. Least I don’t recall my truck ever idling itself down when I engaged the high idle.

I guess i mean elevated idle. Like when you hold the gas and hit the brake 3 times it turns on.

Lmm Guy

·
Registered
108 Posts
I guess i mean elevated idle. Like when you hold the gas and hit the brake 3 times it turns on.

Lmm Guy

Huh. Actually never heard of that. To turn my elevated idle on it’s in the dic. My actual high idle I have to engage park brake and use the cruise buttons. Elevated idle so far as I know only comes on when temp is below a certain temp and turns off when that temp is achieved.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
On my 2013 and 2019 the elevated idle will only come on below a set temp, (its in the manual, 32* i think) and a function of ambient and engine temp so it varies in duration...

The 2019 is very nice and getting truck cab heat in 10 min the past few days in 19* , my 13 would take to remote start cycles approx 20 min

1 - 5 of 5 Posts