Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any of you guys running the bds 7inch lift???? what size tires are you running and how does the lift perform. im really looking at getting this lift soon. any info and pictures of your ride would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
me to im thinkin im buying this lift also lol need the same info ^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just got this lift installed monday on my '04 CC. Lift looks amazing, best looking lift in my opinion cause of the non torsion bar drop. It isn't as flashy as a RIZE, but thats in another league of lift. lol. The truck rides better than stock. Only downfall, especially if you get the narrow track is the turning radius suffers tremendously. Getting in and out of parking spots at the mall etc. is very tight and usually have to do a 2 point turn. I am running 35x12.50x17's on mine. one could easily clear 37's. I am more than happy overall with the lift.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Lifetime warranty, no questions asked. and the cheap price to begin with are a bonus too!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
check out cognito. i just put mine on very happy with it. ride is awesome. looks great and very well built.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i will vouch for cognito. it is an arguably better kit than the BDS, and cognito has a great name and are known for great kits. But they are significantly more too. I had heard great things about the BDS and didnt feel paying the price difference to go to cognito was worth it. Time will tell though...

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
i will vouch for cognito. it is an arguably better kit than the BDS, and cognito has a great name and are known for great kits. But they are significantly more too. I had heard great things about the BDS and didnt feel paying the price difference to go to cognito was worth it. Time will tell though...
true cognito is not a cheap kit. i just like some of the things they have done for the front end.

·
Registered
13 Posts
bottom line, i guess. if you've got the money. Go cognito, no questions asked. If your on a budget, i dont think you can go wrong with the BDS. But it hasn't been out that long, so long term durability and etc. is unknown i think? cognito is proven. But i am really happy with my BDS so far.

·
Registered
13 Posts
not a good pic of mine...took it with a cell phone...but a pic none the less...

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what kind of step bars do you have on that truck man, they look sweet!

·
Registered
13 Posts
they are N-Fab. They looks awesome, built good. The only thing I don't like about them is they mount to the body of the truck not the frame. You have to drill holes in the pinch welds on the bottom of the body and bolt through. Not the best idea in my opinion.

·
Registered
245 Posts
where in saskatchewan are you from im considering this lift. how hard was the install? im in saskatoon

·
Registered
26 Posts
could you get some better pics of your truck with the lift. thinking about going with the same setup

·
Registered
940 Posts
where in saskatchewan are you from im considering this lift. how hard was the install? im in saskatoon
It is easy. just time consuming. It took me about 10 hours with some friends.

i love my lift. only got about 1500 miles on it until 3 bad injecotrs broke a few pistons. Only thing i didn't like was how the bump stops fit on the lower a-arms. They rub very slightly on the shocks.

i am running nitto tg 37x11.5 20r

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
i cant say much for the dmax lift but the bds lift on my buddies vehicle is great i dont see why it would be any different on a dmax and its also held up great

1 - 17 of 17 Posts