Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Silverado with an LB7 that was smoking. It had just over 120k miles. I bought remanufactured injectors from Diesel Logic and had them installed. As it was started, the truck smoked and had a chug, there was 1 injector with a balance rate of 15. Diesel Logic replaced the injector but I had to pay for it to be installed and buy the seals and gaskets, they only give you the injector (actually, they sell you the injector and refund if they feel it was bad and when I questioned this policy, they left a very insulting comment on my receipt). Since I installed the Diesel Logic injectors 9 months ago, I have not been able to get better then 14 mpg on a long trip. My balance rates are as follows from #1 to #8; -4.4, -.08, 9.0, -1.7, -3.5, 6.3, -1.4, -3.0
It's obvious what the problem is with the fuel milage. I asked Deisel Logic for a refund in a form of a credit toward new Bosch injectors since I have no confidence in their injectors. Their response was that if I buy new injectors and return the ones they sold me, they will give me credit for the injectors they feel are bad. At this point, I wouldn't buy a bolt from them.

I'm thinking of just taking the loss for buying injectors from Diesel Logic and buying new Bosch injectors from another supplier.

My question is; Should I just replace the 2 injectors that are way out on the positve side of balance rate (#3 and #6), replace the 3 bad injectors (#1, #3, #6), replace the 3 bad injectors and the 2 that are in limits but not optimal (#1, #3, #6, #5, #8) or change them all?

It will cost me the same, or nearly so, in installation but the cost of parts goes up significantly with the more injectors I buy. I was also told that being on the negative side is not as much of a problem than being on the positive. i also noticed that the balance rates fluctuate and are different on different days, I assume this is normal.

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD,2WD, LB7, 123k miles, AirdogII, Edge Evolution set for economy tune.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My vote is to change them all on an lb7. The other generations are easier to change just one but the labor is the same if you have to change one from each side as it is to change them all. You certainly don't want to change a few and in a couple weeks realize you should have changed them all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I will Probably do that. Diesel Logic package looks like a good deal but it was the most expencive injectors on the market. It cost me $1,800 for their injector kit with the gaskets, $1,200 to have them installed, another $600 plus parts to have the defective injector changed that didn't work out of the box. The last 9 months I have been getting less than 14 mpg which is more waisted money. This cost me over $3,600 and I am no better off then I was 9 months ago.

STAY AWAY FROM DIESEL LOGIC!!!!!

I've reached out to them several times but it seems that they just don't care. I've tried to reach out to the owner, and it seems he doesn't want to be bothered. I feel like I have been burned by them and now I'm a bit more leary about buying injectors online.

I've talked to Lincoln Diesel, They have good prices. Does anyone have experience with them?

I appreciate your input.

·
Premium Member
10,516 Posts
Lincoln diesel has the best reputation for injectors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lincoln diesel has the best reputation for injectors.
Thank you;

They seem to be knowledgeable. The person I talked didn't seem to mind all the questions I had asked and took his time to be sure I understood his answers. He gave a recommendation and I think I'm going take his advice. I will wait a couple of weeks to order them, my mechanic is booking 3 weeks out.

After losing over $3,600 by going to Diesel Logic, it's tough to trust others. I just wish the admin warned everyone about DL like they did Pensicola, I would have stayed away.

·
Premium Member
10,516 Posts
Several threads on here about buying injectors and Lincoln Diesel always gets rave reviews.

·
Registered
735 Posts
There are other guys on here that have had difficulties with Diesel Logic. LDS is a great company to deal with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are other guys on here that have had difficulties with Diesel Logic. LDS is a great company to deal with.
I had joined this group before I did the injectors. I just wish I had a warning about Diesel Logic. I had seen the warning about Pensicola Diesel and in my opinion, I would put Diesel Logic at the same level and warning.

I will buy my next set from Lincoln. I had needed other parts and delt with Extreame Diesel since they are 2 states away and delivery was next day. They also seemed very helpful. Is it safe to say they are a good place too?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts