Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short I just bought an 04.5 Lly with an injector that was not seated properly. So I remove the injector and noticed the previous owner used an epoxy resin underneath the key that holds the injector in. The bolt they had used was the right size but not the same thread and was stripped. I measured the hole depth comparing it to the original untouched injector hole beside it and it was a quarter inch shorter. So I came to the determination that the bolt had broke and they tried to put another bolt on top of that. So I got a drillbit and I started to drill the broken bolt but it drilled too easy. I tried an easy out to see if it would turn anything and the bet was tight but not like it would be turning a bolt out. Once I removed the easy out coolant came with it so they must have drilled the bolt out but went to far and filled it with Epoxy and put this other Bolt In.

my question is what is the thickness of that bolt hole can I re-thread it? Can I use a Heli coil or some other type of Fasner.

·
Registered
2007 GMC Sierra LBZ
961 Posts
I hate to tell you this but the only way to fix properly is a new head. Looks like its still the original head bolts so probably time for new head gaskets with studs anyway.

·
Former GM Tech and parts
3,031 Posts
That sucks dude, you got duped and your engine needs a cylinder head. Time to find a replacement and do gaskets and studs like Nate said

Reactions: Nate Dmax
1 - 4 of 4 Posts