Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im doing my head gaskets and went ahead and had the injectors flow tested and cleaned. one of the injector cups came out with the injector, the rest stayed in but one of them looks just a slight bit higher then the rest. should i just put the injectors back in or pull the cup. like i said it stayed in when i first pulled the injector. and i didnt pay close enough attention to see if it moved when i pulled the injector. what should i do?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Don't take the chance of pushing it back in and having coolant leak into the cylinder. Remove it and replace it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay well my next question is if im real nice to it can i reuse it and what kind of sealant should i use?

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you can get it out nicely go ahead and reuse the cup. Replace the two orange o-rings and use a liquid teflon sealant.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so how do you go about getting the cups out?

and when putting them back in just make sure everything is clean put some lock tight on the taper and push it down in an install the injector?

first time and dont wanna screw anything up

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
If you can get it out nicely go ahead and reuse the cup. Replace the two orange o-rings and use a liquid teflon sealant.
Loctite 272

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well replaced one of the cups but since the heads were machined down the new cup sits a fraction below the surface of the head. is this a problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts