Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my '01 is having a nice light white blue smoke coming out of the exhaust, so I am figuing injectors. Yes I will get them checked for the balance rates, but everything I know and read it is an injector issue. I was doing a little background research on the injector service warranty and realize I am under mileage but over time. But in looking for my paperwork since I had a bad injector at 108k and under time, I realized they only replace 1 injector (#5). Imagine my suprise when I read 1. in Durallmaxy's sticky post that they are/were supposed to replace all 8 and 2. When I looked at a report from another dealership they pulled, that the original dealership said they replaced all 8 and were paid for all the parts and labor (I assume).

So, do I have any recourse, and has this happened to anyone else? Should I call the regional service manager and give him the option to make this right or, like my truck am I just blowing smoke? I am guessing I would not be looking at new injectors now if they were replaced 50k ago (I realize they could go out again, but less likely). I will replace them myself if I am stuck holding the bag, have enough skill and knowledge, but would rather have someone else cover it since they should have when they did the job.

Any suggestions or thoughts are appreciated.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Not all injector problems are covered under the Injector Special Policy. The dealers have to follow a test procedure and submit the results to GM for approval, before the replace any injectors.

In my opinion-- you will not be covered under the ISP. They have to draw the line somewhere, but you could call customer service with the problem. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JC1843: I agree that I am likely to be hosed here. My issue is that the original dealer did one injector, then faked enough data to get coverage from GM to get paid for all 8 (though they did not return 8 injectors, or at least not mine). Given this, how can I be sure they have done anything they say?

·
Registered
46 Posts
You probably won't get anything covered, but I say bring the issue up with GM anyway. IF nothing else, it might make the dealer scramble to cover up his "error".

I know of one dealer that had his franchise pulled for warranty shenanigans.

:booboo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TimAT: I may be doubly screwed here, the dealership has changed hands since I had the work done.:booboo

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
I think the dealers, used to replace 1 "or just the bad ones" instead of all 8 more than they should of. Heck mine was in the dealer twice for injectors "under coverage". The first time they replaced 3injectors, and the second time they replaced 2 injectors. They never followed the policy and did all 8.

Sucks, but I can not see you getting anything out of it. I would still call GM and let them know about it, but since the dealer changed hands they might not do anything anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts