Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well popped out 4 of my injectors tonight, looks like wear marks on the bottom edge of the hold down.

I don't remember that before?? Maybe I'm just forgetting what they look like.

Here is some pics, hopefully they show up big enough on here. If they are super big, sorry. Make it easier to see what I'm talking about.:hug:

Am I going crazy or do I need to replace them?

Any help would appreciated.

John

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not a soul huh

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
I'll take a look when I get home John my work computer doesn't show pictures unless they are uploaded through the site. I remember what mine look like when I had them out this winter.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll upload em Eric....give me a bit to email em to myself.

I cant view em at work either.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Huh I didn't have wear like that. Interesting you may want to get a hold of So Cal and get billet hold downs. Or just get some stock ones again. I didn't have any wear on mine now that I think of it.

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
Is there wear marks on the injector bodies?

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only thing I can think of is when I replaced the nozzles....Maybe too tight or too loose, but man I had those things in a big ass vice and was cranking on em til they wouldn't turn anymore.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well won't have that issue as these injectors arent going back in...So may get some new hold downs and go from there.

Still need to see what driver side looks like tonight. If they are normal....FML...back to the drawing board I guess.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts