Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm bran spankin new to the forums and I wanted to get a few questions answered. I currently own a ford powerstroke but i'm lookin to cash it in, within the next couple of years. I was looking at GMC/Chevy but i have one import question: Can your engine be services without pulling the engine out of the truck or lifting the cab?

With my powerstokre if you need to work on the back two cylinders(IE injectors or glowplugs or Headgasket) the cab needs lifted or the motor needs pulled.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
First of all Welcome to the forum! :D

Second of all the motor can be completly serviced without pulling the cab or motor (just another added bonus with driving a bow tie :tease). Im not sure what year your looking at but the 02-03 (I think) have a 200,000 mile warranty on the Injectors. The 03+ have 100,000 mile warranty on the injectors

I actually never heard or thought about that. I looked under the hood of Power strokes and noticed the motor goes under part of the cab but never thought you'd have to remove it for work.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah you do, and its a huge pain in the ass to service should u want to perform your own upgrades or if you need service. My truck is til under warrenty so I'm tyring to igure out what to do with it once its up. I make/run my own biofuel so I want something that I can fix if need be.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the forum.
yes you can work on the GM trucks with out removing any body parts and it is possible to work on the PSD without removing the cab but an extra 12hrs of labor invovled when trying to reach the turbo or the 2 back injectors..
the GM trucks have come along way in the last 8 years and now i can say i truely beleive it is one of the best trucks on the road if not the best...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I do enjoy all diesels but I'm probably going to cash in the powerstroke for either a dodge or a chevy. Does anyone know what the warrienties are for the trucks. On my powerstroke it is 5yr/100,000mi on the powertrain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts