Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
First fill out your sig. Second use the search function. It was only extended on the LB7.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Hes right ^^ and they will only warranty them if your injectors do not pass a certain test. Otherwise they say no, and your paying out of pocket

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well ...warranty on my truck ran out at the end of Feb. So it came out of pocket...by the time i was done (re-man Fuel pump and 8 injectors) $6500..... ouch

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Damn.. did they give you some vasoline for your @$$ after that

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Well ...warranty on my truck ran out at the end of Feb. So it came out of pocket...by the time i was done (re-man Fuel pump and 8 injectors) $6500..... ouch
:eek: Holly crap Batman:eek:

That is quite a bill right there, sure makes me glad I do not let anyone but myself wrench on my truck!

·
Registered
589 Posts
where did you put the fuel pump? cuz the lb7's don't have one lol

·
Registered
212 Posts
Must have been a reman CP3, but I seriously doubt the stock CP3 had any problems.

LB7,LLY,LBZ I know dont have any sort of lift pump. The CP3 pulls its own fuel. I'm not sure about LMM and up models.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was a reman pump from Peak Diesel...dam good price for the pump..$800 and the injectors were about $430 each... Funny thing , about the time mine went there was alarge number of diesel pickups (ford dodge and GMC ) going down with injector troubles . I think we got a bad shippment of fuel in the area , but how do you prove it . Grande Prairie is a busy oil and gas area so there are thousands of gallons of fuel being used everyday. Oh and just in case you think $800 was expensive for the CP3 pump...most of the auto parts stores around here wanted $1600 for a reman...and you dont even want to know what the GMC dealers want for one of those ..if they can get it . As far as Vasoline......nope , no vasoline....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a little plug for the guys that fixed my truck tho...Bank Mechanical....They did a dam fine job and always have...used to have a Ford (03...6.0 ..ugh!!!) so have got to know them very well.(especially when i had my Ford)..Great bunch of guys and good work

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.