Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
holy christ, that's nasty

·
Banned
410 Posts
Unfortunately replacing the fuel filter religiously will not affect what you are seeing.

Most of that crap came from when you unscrewed the fuel lines.

See this write up by Merchant Auto: LB7 Fuel Line Corrosion

That looks normal for any LB7.

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Unfortunately replacing the fuel filter religiously will not affect what you are seeing.

Wow, thanks.

·
Banned
410 Posts
Sure,
I was also very surprised the first time I saw that!

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Makes me wanna tear it apart just to see if mine look like that... they are probably horrible because I was the engine bay all the time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I replaced my fuel filter the other day and noticed something in the lower section where the WIF goes. It looked similar to this but was more flakey like. I thought it might have been the inside of the filter rusting away. It wouldnt be able to move past the filter element to the lower section if it was coming from somewhere else. Would it ?

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
I replaced my fuel filter the other day and noticed something in the lower section where the WIF goes. It looked similar to this but was more flakey like. I thought it might have been the inside of the filter rusting away. It wouldnt be able to move past the filter element to the lower section if it was coming from somewhere else. Would it ?
If you found it at the WIF sensor it's probably crap from your tank.

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
wow wtf so i'm assuming it's smart to replace the fuel lines when i do my injectors next?

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
Is it something to be concerned with ? At the time of the filter change I dumped a can of sea foam and diesel kleen
Not unless it is a lot, in which case it will probably plug off the suction in your tank, and you have to clean it... been there done that lol.

Just make sure you're regular with the filter change, no biggie, that's why it's there.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts

X2
that is why of one is bad you at least do all 4 on that side:drink

Makes me wanna tear it apart just to see if mine look like that... they are probably horrible because I was the engine bay all the time.
If they are fine leave them alone! All that crap comes when you unscrew them. Do not mess with something that is not broken:D

·
Recovering Diesel Addict
1,074 Posts
If they are fine leave them alone! All that crap comes when you unscrew them. Do not mess with something that is not broken:D
I know, I'm just messing around, I wanna tear something apart cuz it's break up here and I'm bored. Wife hasn't broke her ford for a while so I'm spending way to much time on the computer lol

·
Registered
2,688 Posts

Great write up, thanks for sharing !!:rockin

·
Public Enemy #1
5,295 Posts
OMG!!!! Mine were no where near that bad. I had one that was maybe 1/4 that bad if that. Mine went 180k

1 - 15 of 15 Posts