Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new to the duramax forum. I'll tell you right up front that I'm a Ford SuperDuty owner, so I don't know too much about the D-Max, but I'm not a troll and definatly not here to talk smack.

I am here to get the best advice possible for one of my buddies.

His truck is:

03 GMC with the LB7 Duramax.
180k miles
AFE Stage II CAI
4" turbo back exhaust
Street Performance PCM flash from an unknown manufacturer in Little Rock, Arkansas.

The truck has had the total crap run out of it since he bought it new, and has held up awesome, but at 180k his injectors are finally giving him fits.
He pulls about a 7k-lb trailer daily, and likes to cruise it on the weekends. He likes the extra power, but doesn't want to have to install gauges to monitor vitals. The flash he has is such a meager amount now that it really isn't required yet.

Now for the Q's:

What injectors should he go with?
Where is the best place to get them?
If he does this job himself, what else should he address while it's apart?

Thank you very much in advance for the advice!!

Zach

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
there are a ton of vendors that are selling injectors, try merchant automotive, or lincoln diesel

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
as long as they are the bosch ones, they are good.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Don't just buy the cheapest ones possible from Ebay or the internet, post up the company name here before purchasing. There are some companies you want to avoid and we'll let you know that if you post them up.

That said....

There is an updated design, but if you are buying injectors you will likely get them. You can get both reman and new injectors, they may be manufactured / assembled by someone else, but as mentioned you want a Bosch injector with a good warranty.

Make sure he replaces them all at the same time and I highly suggest an AD165 to prolong the life and protect his new injectors, cheap insurance IMO.

We have a LOT of vendors that can these for you, my suggestion is to post in the "Vendor Price Request" section to get some pricing.

Vendor Price Request ( Site Vendors Only Respond) - Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great!! Thanks alot for all the replies, I at least now have some good resources for him to look into!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys thanks for all the help! I think he is going to go with Lincoln Diesel and just go back with a stock injector.

2006 F250 Lariat FX4:
MBRP 4" Turbo Back Exhaust
Blue FPR Spring
Edge Insight CTS
1200rpm High Idle Mod
Dieselsite Coolant Filter
58v Swamps FICM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts