Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm looking for clues. In the last 1000 miles i have had 3 occaisions where 1 or more injectors locked up (my term to differentiate from failed) evidenced by knocking and smoking like hell, and then after throttle manipulation started functioning again.
The first time; i was pulling an empty cargo trailer, 75 mph, cruise on and had just crested a small hill, when the cruise retarded the throttle, bammo! Instant interstate closing smoke screen. After punching and releasing the throttle several times the knocking stopped and the smoke returned to more or less normal (what a joke!) levels. I pulled over and changed the GM fuel filter (less than 2k) with a new GM filter and drove on home (400 mi) with no re-occurrences.
Last week started out of town, light load in the bed, and had 2 repetitive
'bammo's. (Seriously, traffic my direction came almost to a halt and two separate pickup owners stopped to offer me an fire extinguisher)
So, the question(s) What could cause these lockups? Could an injector wiring harness be failing? How can there be a connection to the cruise control?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Mix some 2 stroke oil in with your next fill up, might not be injectors, may be your FPR. Either way the 2 stroke oil will add some lubrication. The newer low sulfur diesel has little to no lubrication quailties.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts