Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
started it up today like everyday and it cranks right up.

no smoke, no nothing.

i happen to look in my side view and see a puff of whitish smoke from the tailpipe when i go from the stop sign down the

road. no loss of power, no hesitation, nothing out of the ordinary.

now im watching at every stop to see and about 7 out of 10 i get that little puff of smoke and a little at startup but it doesnt

do it idling

no diesel in the oil, no loss of coolant

havent ckd the balance rates yet - tools at the shop.

am i looking at new injectors?

do i just ck the balance rates?

its an 03 LB7 (obviously w an injector question :) ) w/ 126k mi

any ideas/thoughts??

and do i qualify for the 200000 mi injector warranty or does the 7 yr part rule me out?

·
Registered
644 Posts
would start by pouring in 1/2 bottle or so of diesel kleen and change fuel filter, and see how that goes

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
would start by pouring in 1/2 bottle or so of diesel kleen and change fuel filter, and see how that goes
i use diesel clean every time i fill up, i'm gettting close to a fuel filter swap. could i have gotten bad fuel and clogged it causing it to smoke??

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Im thinking of getting new injectors. What's the difference between injectors and nozzles?

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
changed my FF this morning and ran it for a while, seems to have cleared it up :D

i got fuel on the road at a different station than i normally do. could it have just been bad fuel or some trash in it? i also ran it to the low fuel light which i NEVER do, but was between two small towns on the interstate heading home and couldnt find diesel for a while. i know its bad to run it that low for the cp3 pump and injectors sake.

i also ran an injector cleaner through it before the trip and realized i never changed my filter from that like it says to in the instructions.

i'm praying to the injector gods above that a combination of this was all my problem :rolleyes:

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
same thing...
um, no....

Injector refers to the Injector as a complete Unit (what you need to replace when they are bad)

Nozzle refers to the Nozzle of the injector (the tip, the part you hone out to add more fuel flow to the cylinder which is one way to increase an injectors flow performance)

Like saying a Engine and Piston are the same thing, a piston is part of the engine, the engine is the assembly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts