Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide on which compound setup I want to purchase. Each seems to have a benefit the others don't and struggling to decide.
I like the enclosed design of the hsp, seems like that would be the best to keep heat out of the intake. I'm assuming they've figured out a proper size of enclosure though so it wouldn't be restrictive hopefully???

I have a wcfab y bridge kit EGR delete so would be good to stick with a brand theme.
Also of the 3 wc fab is lowest cost by like $600.

And the pusher from what I gathered is the best put-together setup for servicing and whatnot, though I wanted to keep factory battery location and if I go with pusher it looks like I'd have to relocate it which I really don't wanna do.

Anyone have any personal experience with 1 of the 3?
Thoughts?
Recommendations?

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
I thought all compounds moved the battery.

I personally have always wanted to do the wcfab compounds. Just preference. Im not familiar with the pusher setup honestly, but between hsp and wcfab you will be more then happy with either.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I am not familiar with Pusher but did some research on HSP and Wehrli when i was doing my research for my turbo set up. My plan was/is to go s300 first then compound later with a s480. There is a youtube video from truck master that goes over HSP's box intake design and the benefits of it. Pretty good video cause they discuss their kit vs "others". Honestly either kit is going to be jam up. Personal preference really.

·
Premium Member
1,092 Posts
Since you have the wc y bridge I'd probably just go with their kit then. Then you know you don't have to buy another y bridge and cold side pipe.

I have the hsp kit though and I'm really happy with it. Although mine isn't enclosed, not sure what your talking about there.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since you have the wc y bridge I'd probably just go with their kit then. Then you know you don't have to buy another y bridge and cold side pipe.

I have the hsp kit though and I'm really happy with it. Although mine isn't enclosed, not sure what your talking about there.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
The air filter I mean.
Hsp has an enclosed filter compartment to try to keep engine bay heat away. At least that's what it looked like in the picture on their website.

·
Registered
10,684 Posts
Wcfab. Ive had their single kit on my lml and seen lots of their kits. Very nice top notch quality, everything always fits nice. Ive had/seen issues with hsp stuff, time frames, sending wrong parts, wrong powdercoating. Just my personal experiences

1 - 6 of 6 Posts