Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a bypass filter system for my L5P to help reduce the amount of suspended soot in the oil. Amsoil has decided, at least as of a few months ago, to not offer a kit for the 2020+ L5P due to noise they heard from the oil pump when installed during the prototype process at Amsoil. Since Amsoil is out, I have been looking at the Insane Diesel's bypass system.

Has anyone put the Insane Diesel system on their 2020+ L5P? If so, any issues? What does your soot level look like in oil analysis?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Although I have zero input for the insane kit, with the renowned reputation that Amsoil has, whatever certain people's beliefs are of their product, if they do not feel comfortable with any type of additional components in line with the system I would take their word for it and not even mess with it. Be mindful that they are now working hand-in-hand with Gale Banks to create their l5p crate motors as well as Government contract. So, if anyone knows the ins and outs, its going to be the two of them for sure

You do you, but thats my take on it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Although I have zero input for the insane kit, with the renowned reputation that Amsoil has, whatever certain people's beliefs are of their product, if they do not feel comfortable with any type of additional components in line with the system I would take their word for it and not even mess with it. Be mindful that they are now working hand-in-hand with Gale Banks to create their l5p crate motors as well as Government contract. So, if anyone knows the ins and outs, its going to be the two of them for sure

You do you, but thats my take on it.
I don't disagree with your logic, but the Amsoil system the way it hooks up is very different than the Insane Diesel system. So that is why I was asking. If they were copies of each other, I agree Amsoil's tech research is very good. I'm a long time Amsoil Dealer and now Preferred member, so I don't need to be sold on Amsoil. Although, I do believe Amsoil may be stuck in a rut on their design. Thanks for you comments.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Def keep the thread updated. Im sure there are many who already have or will have questions regarding the setup.

Are you looking to do the under the hood or frame mount? Curious if there is a recommendation based upon ambient temperature swings. I would assume under the hood would be preferred for colder climates. Curious how many quarts it add to the system? Cant see many cons to it

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Def keep the thread updated. Im sure there are many who already have or will have questions regarding the setup.

Are you looking to do the under the hood or frame mount? Curious if there is a recommendation based upon ambient temperature swings. I would assume under the hood would be preferred for colder climates. Curious how many quarts it add to the system? Cant see many cons to it
I haven't gotten to deciding on mounting location. Probably under the hood if things don't get too cramped, for reasons you mention and also less chance of being damaged while driving.

·
Super Moderator
1,677 Posts
Thread cleaned up.

Let's stay on topic of what the OP asked for.

·
Registered
2019 3500HD 4x4 Cclb, Banks Intake, AG Diesel Module
861 Posts
I think there was someone running the insane diesel setup in the big Donaldson dbl7483 conversion thread towards the end.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think there was someone running the insane diesel setup in the big Donaldson dbl7483 conversion thread towards the end.
Thank you, I will check it out.

·
Registered
2019 3500HD 4x4 Cclb, Banks Intake, AG Diesel Module
861 Posts
Thank you, I will check it out.
Post #13. Hasn't posted in a while though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts