Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you can not switch tunes on the Edge Insight with a LBZ but I saw that it shows what power setting you are in. Will it change if you use the dsp5 switch and show what power setting you're in??? Be terrific if it did.

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
dmax modding addict
1,730 Posts
nope! says it right edge webiste that only 01 to 05 duramax can use it as DSP5 switch

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's correct Bonomax I read that also but that is for the function to change the settings thru Insight (I thought)and not using the dsp5 switch. I was just inquiring about displaying the setting not controlling the settings.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nope, it does not show any changes on the insight in the "power level" space. Mine sits on "I" even while changing the DSP5 switch.

The arrows just change the display of the gauges.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks kuhjef17, that,s what i'm looking at ( I ) and wanted to know (or not to know because it would be a nice feature for the insight cause it has just about everything else). Thanks for answering my ?.

·
Registered
170 Posts
No prob! It's still well worth having the CTS!

·
dmax modding addict
1,730 Posts
That's correct Bonomax I read that also but that is for the function to change the settings thru Insight (I thought)and not using the dsp5 switch. I was just inquiring about displaying the setting not controlling the settings.

sorry i was i read question to quick thought u meant control it. but no if will not tell what tune setting you are on. if it could do that it could control it too. As in your efi live tuning would have to be set to serial data switch.

which means ur DSP5 tuning would have to be changed thru OB2 port and would not be able to change on hardwire switch. for some reason I am not sure any 06 duramax or newer will not be able to show or change tunes for efi live thru edge insight.

The way only way i know to display DSP5 setting on 06 or newer dmax is thru BT diesel works digital DSP5 switch. Which u can show and change DSP5 switch is using it as hardwired switch. It expensive but does do alot of things other than just that. just check it out on BTdieselworks site.

The BT digital DSP5 gauge basically is just reading the voltage to DSP5 switch. when you use hard wire switch alls its doing is changing the resistance which changes the voltage. dont qoute me on exact voltage but its something like for example tune 1 is 0.0 volts, tune tune 2 is 1.0 volt, etc... then tune 5 is 5.0 volts

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
The insight will not monitor the same things truck to truck. The 01-05 will show more than 06 will. Just all in what the ecm reads. Like fuel level remaining in % will not show on 06 for example.

Just somethin to think about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts