Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
i dont think its possible to pass witout a dpf i think most of the guys that have it done live in areas where there are no test aka ohio, again i could be wrong there is a couple guys from ca that have it done idk i think it would be hard tho

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
Depends where you live, some places care and others don't.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
i dont think its possible to pass witout a dpf i think most of the guys that have it done live in areas where there are no test aka ohio, again i could be wrong there is a couple guys from ca that have it done idk i think it would be hard tho
Lots of guys pass without DPF, just depends where and the inspector. Some are too lazy to catch you or just not knowledgeable enough.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
yeah for sure but if your trying to not take chances and go by the law, i think thats how this guy was coming off anyway

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
cuz i know in ohio even tho we dont have inspection test it is totally illegal to straight pipe your truck

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
cuz i know in ohio even tho we dont have inspection test it is totally illegal to straight pipe your truck
It is illegal to modify exhaust on any vehicle driven on highway. The only time you can modify exhaust is for race applications.

·
Registered
636 Posts
In the county I live in PA, diesels are exempt from both visual and tail pipe emissions. For now anyway...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright thanks guys, I'm down here in nc so ill have to check into it....... one thing i have to clear up, when you block egr and remove the dpf the urea ingection system still stays on? has anyone removed that also?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
alright thanks guys, I'm down here in nc so ill have to check into it....... one thing i have to clear up, when you block egr and remove the dpf the urea ingection system still stays on? has anyone removed that also?
Only the LML has it and the Urea is removed also. The only tuner that supports this is H&S.

LMM only has DOC and DPF, EFI Live custom tuning is the way to go with this platform.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
DOC isn't that the urea injection?
No...

DOC - Diesel Oxidation Catalyst
SCR - Selective Catalyst Reduction (Urea)
DPF - Diesel Particulate Filter

·
I'm That Guy...
16,690 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts