Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 chevy truck and I have a superchip but i feel it still is under powered when i pull my 5th wheel...15+K.

I've read something about kennedy performance replacing the ECM. Can anybody tell me what this will do?
It sounds like all the ECM does is the same thing that my superchip does.

A performance ECM is running around $700.:cool:

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Call one of the vendors and tell them what you want.

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
You have to be careful pulling a large 5th wheel with a tuner. The added fuel can cause the EGT to increase to dangerous level, and that can do major engine damage.

I suggest you install boost and EGT gauges, and monitor them while towing. Any EGT of 1400 degrees, and you are in dangerous conditions. The boost is a good indication of how the engine is performing.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
You have to be careful pulling a large 5th wheel with a tuner. The added fuel can cause the EGT to increase to dangerous level, and that can do major engine damage.

I suggest you install boost and EGT gauges, and monitor them while towing. Any EGT of 1400 degrees, and you are in dangerous conditions. The boost is a good indication of how the engine is performing.
X2:thumb

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
+1 on gauges FIRST, don't skimp on quality/accuracy. I would look into EFI Live, you can waste a lot of time, money and engine parts on the "tuner of the day".

·
Registered
307 Posts
^ I need to call you actually

But like jc1843 said, you should have some gauges in your truck if you are towing with any kind of tune

·
Registered
59 Posts
I sent my ECM to IdahoRob for a single "do it all tune" and it was way under $700. There's several highly respected programmers on this site, take your time to search around. Like above, gauges are great to have while pulling heavy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts