Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what you all paid to have a 6" lift installed on a half ton chevy, and 456 gears, with a locking rear end.. what brand is good to go with for a locker, and or gear and pinion? If anyone has pics of a 88-98 silverado lifted 6" with 35s, and 16s. looking for ideas.

Thanks, Dylan

·
Registered
116 Posts

Heres mine 4 inch lift 34 inch tires 17 inch wheels 3.73 gears I really like it but i would much rather have the duramax if i had the money

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well if i sell my truck and car for what i want. ill have almost 20k... But part of that is a grad present and i dont get it if i dont buy what my parents want me to get. which is under 80k... And i want a ext cab short bed 4x4 and i cant find that in my range. and financing inst a option. What kind of milage do you get with the 4" lift? and what brand is it?

Thanks, Dylan

·
Registered
116 Posts
The lift is trailmaster I just bought the truck a year ago with 85,000 miles I bought if from the original owner he had the lift installed by the dealer the day he bought it and it still rides great. I usually get about 14 on the highway but thats doing 80 it does a little better around 65 I can get between 15 and 16

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the tbi and i got 13 highway with 31s and a bed full of shit and 3 passenges at 65-85mph.. How much you think a lift kit cost to install 1500 for the kit and then 500 for install? we own a car shop but we don't have time to install the kit when a paying customer can be on the rack. I can get the gears and locker put in for free. What brand of tire do you have?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have no idea on the cost for install on the lift it was on it when i bought it and ive always done all my own work but if i remember when i was looking to lift my old 95 lifts were around 1800 for a good one. I have toyo open country m/t's they work great and would recommend them other than the cost. I got mine for 250 each online all the local places wanted 350 per tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts