Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well after a few hours and some solid labor I installed my new Banks Boost tube and Economind tuner. Also while I had the wheel well out I installed the fuel filter access panel and changed the fuel filter. None of it was too hard. I read the manual from front to back and there is nothing really explaining the actual power levels, so I had to call Banks Tech Support and they really didn't offer up much as for specifics but just said "don't tow past level 3." The rest is just "figure out what works best for you." The labor was done yesterday so today I got to drive it. I started in level 2 and worked my way to level 4. A lot of around town driving. I have a 200 mile trip tomorrow so I think I'm going to set it to 5. I don't want to go to six yet because I don't have an EGT guage. Just some easy driving so shouldn't be an issue. We'll see how the mileage turns out.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Don't go too high because these transmissions will only hold 90HP over stock before they start to limp and that will eventually lead to a full failure and transmission rebuild ($4k+)

I would keep it at lvl 3.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
With the Economind tuner is capable of 100 additional HP and 240lb-ft torque, if you have the PowerPack kit. So with stock setting on level 1, and then you can go to level 6. That's 5 levels to divide into 100Hp. So each level is worth 20HP.
I got this information from a guy on here for my 6-Gun. I hope this helps. I think you'll like your Banks equipment. I know I do.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, My trip produced 15 mpg running 70 down the road on level 5. I know that its going to take a bit for everything to get lined out and the economind to learn my driving. Thats just the first trip. I haven't tried level 6 but last night I eased off a red light then layed into it towards the end of first gear and the rear end broke loose and my Bridgestones paid the price. Now thats what I call power. I really dont plan on hot rodding it much, just kind of wanted to see what it would do. Really aiming for better MPG. I definitely like the added power down low. I got the power pack so yeah thats what I figured on the levels. I really think I'm gonna like this upgrade.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, here it is a month+ later and havent noticed any change in mileage after the Economind install. If anything I think I get a little worse mileage. The past 3 tanks I have really tried to be easy on it and produce some better numbers but that doesnt seem to make a difference. For the past 3 tanks I tried a different level for each tank(4,5 and 6). All produced between 12.68-12.89 MPG hand calculated(in-town). DPF delete pipe and tuner on the way. Plan to continue to run the Banks (Level 5) and the Quad Stealth 2 on stock w/DPF off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.