Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got a fingers stick to go with my egr blocker plate. I’m pretty confident it is a knock off version as I got it on eBay.
Directions In the picture show the yellow wire opposite of the blue wire grey in the middle and red opposite of the white wire. My stick physically has yellow and red flipped from the picture. So I installed using the wire orientation not the colors meaning the red wire on my stick opposite of the blue wire from the EGR went to the yellow wire from the MAF going towards the ECM. Just wanted to give preface to how I wired it

that being said the EGR codes are gone but now I get the MAF code p0102
I did a bit of probing before taping it up and got below. Anybody make sense of this ?haha

with the key on
-My sticks Yellow and the harness pink wires read 12 volts at their connection
-The Yellow from MAF to my sticks red read 0.11 volts at their soldered connection
-The Blues connection read 0.97 volts
White from stick to yellow in the harness leading to the ecm reads 0.16 volts

00DAF4D9-CB63-4549-80E5-62712B43AAD8.jpeg

·
Registered
450 Posts
Is your truck have FE9 on RPO sticker in glovebox, cause if it does you don't require a fingerstick to keep SES off.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I could never get mine to work. So now I have a cel.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update. I went inside, had some carnitas tacos, a drink and cooled off a bit to kinda reset haha
Went back out and turned on the MAF gauge on the CTS2 and it was reading 0 at idle so something wasn’t getting a signal somewhere so I figured I’d try swapping out the yellow and red wires from the stick. Maybe the directions and color codes written in them were correct and the orientation in their drawing was wrong.
Swapped them and now there’s no codes. Solder connections are a little more boogers than I’d like now but it’s strong and seems to be working. I liquid taped the joints and fit it all back under the harness. So we will see if this holds. I’ll post back if the codes come back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts