Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...now truck rides like sh!t. Is this a normal byproduct of this mod? Thinking of replacing front shocks.

·
it stinks and whistles :)
5,350 Posts
...now truck rides like sh!t. Is this a normal byproduct of this mod? Thinking of replacing front shocks.
if you used keys, then yes. everyone here seems to like the bilsteins and ranchos. mine rides like stock with extended shock brackets tho:thumb

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3in lift kits...set on half. Its kinda bouncey. Think my front shocks are bad. Feels like a leaf spring super duty.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
yes, a leveling kit will do this every day of the week. The only leveling kit that doesn't ride harsher than stock per se would be the cognito leveling kit with new upper control arms, or just a lift kit believe it or not.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so if add UCA to it may tam it down?
yes installed extenders.

·
it stinks and whistles :)
5,350 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heres a after pic...will add shocks today or tomorrow. The front rides "bulldog" but I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
i actually had to crank my keys with my cognito uca leveling kit, so i believe that i may be in the market for new shocks as well..it gets bouncy sometimes.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll let you know...I'm going on a 1200 mile drive tomorrow and will replace my shocks before I leave.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
i went on a 2781 mile trip from maryland to california just last week, i cussed 1-80 like it was an unfaithful wife at times

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think I'm going to make some adjustments.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
replaced shocks before 1200mi drive and rode a ton better. I removed the old shocks and pushed them all the way down and they did not come back up, so at that point I new they were bad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts