Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my leveling kit tonight, it had the keys, shock ext. and 2" rear blocks. my question is, do I need a wheel alignment? I drove it home from my buddies garage and everything felt the same, just more rough ride. But i like the rough ride. do i need the wheel alignment because of the camber and what ever its called from over cranking the bars?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry i havent replied comp was dead, i dont know when it last had one. But maybe i should get it done tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
if u touched ur keys at all ur camber and toe will be off , yes do one better be safe then buying a new set of tires

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i prob put about 100 km on it since i did the key lift without a alignment, ill get one tomorrow.

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Its a good idea to get one done everytime you do front end work.

·
Registered
212 Posts
mine needed it. I waited and go the outside edges worn down some. I just put on a 3" spindle lift and had to do it also.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you have any pics, Im about to do the key, and 2 inch blocks as wwell

·
Registered
212 Posts

This is with leveling keys. 275/65/20 34"

This is the same tire and wheel with the 3" spindle added and then the keys let all the way out.

Notice that the bump stop is still in the stock location. Rides smooth this way. Dont forget my truck is 2wd.

·
Registered
938 Posts
did you use the torsion bar release tool on this or did you do it some other way cuz i have a kit waitng to put on but i need to find someone with this tool first haha cuz i'm not spending 150 on it

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i used a gear puller on my keys, worked great, ill post pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I borrowed a tool. Some auto parts store lend tools. It makes the job real easy. Just make sure you jack the truck all the way off the ground to make it easier.

·
Registered
938 Posts
i never though of using a gear puller thats a good idea i'll see if my buddy got one of them laying around his garage unless he can get his hands on the actual tool. and yeah i got mine up on a lift above the head so no worries there haha :drink

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I use the c clamp from a OTC ball joint tool kit, works every time!!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went and got my wheel alignment done, and the front passenger wheel was 2 degree's out. He fixed that and now the truck pulls hard to the right? lol before without the alignment it would drive straight down the road. He said it was the camber he fixed.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
find someone else to do ur aligment , caster has half the degree of pull as camber, + .50 degrees more on the drivers side for pull ON CAMBER to the left to ofset rd crown.try to keep the caster even and more on the positive side for better steering responce. the problem now days is a shop mentallity is " SET THE TOE COLLECT THE DOE"

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea but i dont want to pay another 80 to 120 dollars for another alignment, sometimes it will drive straight if I let go of the wheel. at any speeds. im confused. I may take it back there.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
no take it back , i was just making a point that they dont care i guess, and obviously never test drove it after, u paid for something u didnt get , take it back ,,,,,,,,, i should of said NEXT TIME sorry my bad

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
here is some pictures, its been a while but im not the best at uploading stuff lol. Their only cell phone pics, tires are 295 BFG a/t. Looks alot better then stock IMO

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did your kit come with the rear blocks or seperate. Where did you get the kit from?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts