Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installed McGaughy 7"

So I finally had my buddy install my McGaughys 7" lift on my 09 2500HD. Looks fantastic! Have an appointment this weekend to install my 35" Toyo's, Cognito PISK, 2" rear spaces, and alignment!

I have a few small concerns;

1) The boot that covers the slip yoke at the transfer case is completely stretched. I'm concerned the boot will tear and cause dirt/grime to get in there. I've heard the Wrangler boot is the proper diameter but longer. Anyone have any suggestions?

2) The kit came with a 5" block. For now it's fine, but if I decided to raise the rear (6" block or spring), my rear brake lines are maxed out now. Are there kits/options that extend the brake lines?

Thanks!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Final pics are coming on Friday!

To tide you over:

Found a steal on 2 sets brand new Toyo MT's 35 ($950 a set :D )

Leveled with 33's.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Did you find out the issue with the boot?

·
Registered
258 Posts
The truck looks good man. I was thinking about getting a McGaughys lift also, but it looks a bit high for what I want. I'm gonna go with a Zone 6" and Bilsteins instead.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's probably set at 6" right now...I have it set as low as possible.

I highly recommend the kit; well built, looks great, fantastic fitment!

·
Registered
258 Posts
I only have 33s on my truck now and am looking to keep it at around 4" to limit all the space. Kinda want to keep the spacing around where it is currently with the leveling kit, but with the functionality of an actual suspension...Zone kit shipped today.

I know the McGaughys lifts are nice, but I still got a good lift plus 5100s for $200 less.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Sure will. I can't wait to put it on.

·
Registered
258 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think it's pretty close to being maxed out. I'm sure I could fit 35s without any issues, but I'm gonna stick with 33s. I see a lot of people going to 35s and then switching back to 33s. I'll just get a new set of 33s and save the hassle. It's already trimmed from when I had a leveling kit to fit the 33s.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.