Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for exhausts. Looked at everything narrowed it down to a turbo back Magnaflow or MBRP stainless 4 inch. I heard a few people say Magnaflow didnt line up right and rusted but nothing bad with MBRP. So I ordered the MBRP off Ebay for $519.00 received it Saturday and put it on.

All I had to do was remove the band clamp mid truck and remove a clamp holding it to the down pipe. The rear peace and muffler came out easy. The cat section I had to struggle with and move around due to the cross member. After that the MBRP went in fairly easy. I had a peace of 4inch stick and wasnt sure if I wanted to straight pipe it or install the MBRP muffler. So at first I installed the muffler loose abd started it up to listen to the sound. Then I removed the muffler and started it again. Exhaust sounded great and not unbearable. I cut the 4in stick and used some stainless band clamps to hold it together tightend all the nuts and bolts and finished.

Driving it. You can bearly tell the difference in sound till 2500rpm then has a noticable difference. It also sounds like a jet engine while at idle.

Performance. I installed the exhaust and AFE stage II. Not mutch difference pulling out then, in third gear it takes off and has alot more power. Unfortunatly after 10 miles the lil SES light came to say high so I picked up a finger stick today.

All in all. Its great! Awesome sound and a real head turner. Tip got screwed up it shipping looking forward to getting it. :cool:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
484 Posts
For you, you have more than enough. :cool:

Straight pipes are still annoying :tease , and your truck definately needs alot more oh sh!t handles!!!! :help

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looked at everything narrowed it down to a turbo back Magnaflow or MBRP stainless 4 inch. I heard a few people say Magnaflow didnt line up right and rusted but nothing bad with MBRP.
I installed my 5" Magnaflow Turbo-back with no problems at all. I love it. It sounds just like stock when at idle, but when I take off everyone knows i'm comin:getrdone

I also recommend the BD Exhaust Manifold so you can get the full effect of "free-flow" exhaust. Once you get the stock out, you'll wonder why the hell they made it like that.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hi my name is braxton and i have to say you have one of the nicest trucksw i have seen. i had a question about when you put the exhaust on and straight piped it did you loose andy performance in turbo wind up time or was i about the same

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi my name is braxton and i have to say you have one of the nicest trucksw i have seen. i had a question about when you put the exhaust on and straight piped it did you loose andy performance in turbo wind up time or was i about the same
Who are ya askin:confused:

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was looking for exhausts. Looked at everything narrowed it down to a turbo back Magnaflow or MBRP stainless 4 inch. I heard a few people say Magnaflow didnt line up right and rusted but nothing bad with MBRP. So I ordered the MBRP off Ebay for $519.00 received it Saturday and put it on.

All I had to do was remove the band clamp mid truck and remove a clamp holding it to the down pipe. The rear peace and muffler came out easy. The cat section I had to struggle with and move around due to the cross member. After that the MBRP went in fairly easy. I had a peace of 4inch stick and wasnt sure if I wanted to straight pipe it or install the MBRP muffler. So at first I installed the muffler loose abd started it up to listen to the sound. Then I removed the muffler and started it again. Exhaust sounded great and not unbearable. I cut the 4in stick and used some stainless band clamps to hold it together tightend all the nuts and bolts and finished.

Driving it. You can bearly tell the difference in sound till 2500rpm then has a noticable difference. It also sounds like a jet engine while at idle.

Performance. I installed the exhaust and AFE stage II. Not mutch difference pulling out then, in third gear it takes off and has alot more power. Unfortunatly after 10 miles the lil SES light came to say high so I picked up a finger stick today.

All in all. Its great! Awesome sound and a real head turner. Tip got screwed up it shipping looking forward to getting it. :cool:

you said (after 10 miles the lil SES light came to say high so I picked up a finger stick today. )

Whats the SES light? what do you do to fix it?

·
Registered
45 Posts

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
26 Posts
my lbz is straight piped and i raced it against another new lbz and i was pulling pretty good on him. had him by about a pickup length, so it is stronger than stock!!!!!gotta love the sound also.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I wish you had a sound clip because im in the market for the same setup you have

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
I wish you had a sound clip because im in the market for the same setup you have
i'll put this way you'll love it.there is nothing that sounds as good as a 5" exhaust under full throttle.my truck is a 06 lbz 2500HD and when i put the exhaust on i left the muffler of but it whistled to much so i put the muffler in and it sounds meaner then a 3rd genaration cummins but when its idleing it sounds close to stock.mods on the ppe highest setting 225hp350trq,5" magnaflow turbo back exhaust.bad for a 19 year old:rof :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts