Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What else would be a good idea to take on while installing new injectors? I am going to clean the lines and clean up the engine as I go but wondering if there is anything I might be over looking.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
how many miles are on the truck? whats ur goals with it?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yea I wish I bumped up to 30% overs and I didn't. also i didn't do it but maybe valve timing. I'm sure there's a DIY on here somewhere.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I dont plan on going to all out with it, not yet anyhow. Just a couple injectors leaking so getting them all done. Yeah going to work the valves, heater grid delete maybe too. I went with just stock injectors because I really dont have much else done as far as engine components and transmission. I just want to keep my truck running and looking amazing as it should. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
ok, i was gonna say arp head studs wouldnt be a bad idea, but if you never plan on a bigger turbo, then no need. Just change the injectors and call her good.

·
All In
89 Posts
Get you some 3/8 and 1/2 inch fuel vapor or other diesel compatible hose and some good hose clamps. I usually replace the fuel hoses from the ficm to the filter head and on to the pump.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Like mentioned replace the dry rotted fuel lines because they are easy to get to now and check valve lash.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Changing out fuel lines would be a good idea, thanks. Where can I get hose? I thought it would be easy to find but it doesnt seem that way. Would like to be able to just pick some up.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Most auto parts stores should carry it. The 1/2 inch was fun to find only one store had one 20 miles from my house on a Saturday night 30 mins from closing. It always seems to happen that way for me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
105k miles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts