Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have my old exhaust off and on the old exhaust and the new exhaust there is a hanger on the first pipe that comes from the down pipe.its right by the tranny crossmember and it goes down like there should be a bracket or something for this.My exhaust was real loose before i took it off and notice this but nothing was connected to it. I have a regular cab also if anyone could give me any pointers so i can have this on today i would appreciate it. thanks

Also this is going on a regular cab any tips on how to modify it to fit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I layed mine out of the cardboard box that came in. I think I remember the same thing when I installed mine as well. I just went ahead with the install and bolted everything up and I believe that I just left that partof the pipe without doing anything. When I tightened up everthing it was very secure and didn't matter.

Overall, a pretty easy install; but I did have my truck up on a rack though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Same with mine, it seemed like it could use another hanger at first but after it was really sturdy

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did not use the first hanger as well

·
Registered
47 Posts
Your new exhaust is very light compared to stock so the that first hanger is not a big issue. put exhaust on and tighten everything up. If you still feel like you need a hangar on the front section, take grinder and grind off the front hanger on the exhaust and move it up to line up with hanger mount and weld it in place. Thats what I did with mine. Put a 1.5 block in between cross member and exhaust before you tighten everything up, it will help keep exhaust up and off cross member.

·
Registered
61 Posts
same with mine

·
Registered
65 Posts
i just installed a down pipe and the first factory hangers ends up being about 5" too far forward to read the hanger on aftermarket pipes. My buddy also has an 08 and his is the same. once all the bolts and other clamps are in place it stiffens up real nice. check the bolts after 200 miles or so just to make sure they didn't vibrate loose, it can't hurt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts