Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to buy ICI wheel to wheel step bars with the dually kick outs. They are charging and extra $60. for install if they are bolt on I can do it and save $60.

So my question is anyone know if the ICI nerf bars are complete bolt on's on the lml's?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I got a buddy might b interested. And we workin n lake charles 6 days a week so that works for me!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is there any drilling involved or they complete bolt ons?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Ill get back wit u in the mornin. Ill talk to him and see. And to OP....sorry for the high jack. I installed mine myself. Took a couple hours but i was all by my lonesome. A jackstand or extra set of hands wouldve really helped but i got them in and couldnt wait so i installed them that night.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cool thanks guys.. no worries about the high jack. I also never heard of ICI but they are the only ones I can find with the dually kickouts for lmls and a local shop has them in stock for actually cheaper than the websites

·
Registered
471 Posts
How much are the stock oval ones from the dealer, if I do the install myself? Thx!

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
How much are the stock oval ones from the dealer, if I do the install myself? Thx!
All I remember was @ a GMC dealer list price was $600 for the 6" oval chrome running boards. I dont remember for sure, but I paid $400-$500 for them. Look up Go Rhino brand. Cheaper in price, & look just like the GM 6" oval chrome running boards.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The Nfabs are easy

Get those! They were a cake walk to install! Got them when they were on sale online

For the OEM its all bolt on
Any issues with the DEF tank with the Nfabs? I have some on the way just and am just curious as to what I am getting into.

·
Most Known Unknown
29,739 Posts
/\ wouldnt know

i pulled the tank right before i installed the bars, like a 2 for one day in my driveway

but i can say the passenger side front bracket bolts up like the OEM did, meaning i think i just bolts to the rocker only and no the under body or it bolts to the under body but not the rocker panel

shit i forgot now :cookoo[1]:

i just remember typing in the "ORDER NOTES" when i ordered them that i was removing the tank and if they had ones for the gasser to send them, but i could clearly tell after pulling the OEM bars off and their brackets, that the ones i received from Nfab are for a diesel with a def tank!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts