Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend ordered me a set of wheel spacers for the rear for my birthday. I've done a little research, but just want to make sure of a few things....

I need to tighten the spacers to the lugs at 140ft pounds?? And also the wheels to the spacers at 140 ft ponds also?

I will be checking time to time to make sure they are tight. But is using thread lock on the spacer a good idea?

Thanks. :thumbup:

·
Registered
420 Posts
You tirque to what the studs themselves are made to be torqued to. Most vehicles that is ok with a littoe elbow grease and a 4way. 140ftlbs sounds a little high to me on a exact number though. Is that the recomended torque spec?

I would also replace the studs on the spacer with nice studs because half the time they just throw cheap ones on there and after one torque down they are to fatifued to be used again.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I would torque to wheel stud spec and use blue locktite. That way you can remove them if necessary without a lot of grief.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts