Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 duramax diesel and the little digital light went out so you can't tell what gear you are in and have to count. Called Chevy - they said ... bring it in and for $120 we will check it andthen charge you to fix it!!! anyone else have this problem?

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I dont have much experience with the allison equiped trucks but would like to say welcome!! and i'm sure some of the other allison savy members will help you out!!!

Welcome
CaLeb

PS moving to LB7 powertrain forum!!

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Does it seem to shift right? I know that the NSBU switch on the side of the tranny has been known to go out and cause those same symptoms. Although, it think it mostly dealt with the numbers/letters going out. You had it in any wet weather lately?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Gm had several recalls with clusters dying out or lights going out. Search for tsb on this it may be covered under waranty if your savvy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My prndl started going in and out. It was fine for a while until the tranny started shifting funny and not going into gear. Then when going down the road it just started free-wheeling. It was the gizmo on the shifter on the tranny. My guess is that. I got about a week before it left me sitting. I was able to get it moving by restarting the truck and moving the shifter around. Sometimes it would start out in a higher gear.

Scott

·
Registered
13 Posts
It is easy to check the nsbus ont he left side of the tranny, check the electrical connection, it could be the switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.