Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the intake elbow on my lly. S&B intake elbow. Everything came off fine. Was a tight fit but finally got it positioned. Now I hear like a growling noise. No change in turbo whistle which is no big deal. Everything went back on fine just struggled with the elbow getting it to fit in. Just curious to see if that's normal.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I put the S&B mouthpiece on my truck I noticed that the sound did change slightly. Not so much a growl but just seemed a bit louder, maybe a little more turbo whistle too. Is the noise coming from the engine compartment?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the late response. But yes I can hear it in the engine compartment. It's not loud but it is noticable. And only at idle. Park or at a stop. Doesn't sound threatening but it is a different sound and not one I was expecting. I did read up and saw that more whistle sound or a slight loudness in exhaust. Again just not what I was expecting. I did check the elbow. Everything seems to be correct.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.