Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my truck a month ago and i'm looking to put an intake and an exhaust on it, i was wonderting what everyone recommends.

ps= there are no emmissions testing where i live so the louder and faster the better!

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I agree these are probally the most popular exhaust and intake for the duramax trucks!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
ive heard of the restricted flow of the manifold. by left bank do you mean the manifold thats on the passenger side? i checked one out up here in angola indiana at daves diesel. it already had a hole that was tapped for you EGT probe. pretty slick! how much of a difference are you gonna notice in EGTs or HP?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i love my 5" turbo back exhaust and yes it screams under throttle,it dropped my egt's by almost 300 degrees.i noticed that unless you do a turbo upgrade the stock intake does a perfect job

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
the intake is a waste of money.... and go 4 or 5" turbo back... MBRP makes a great kit for the trucks... IF you plan on some serious upgrades, get the 5 inch... if you just want a mild chip and no other mods, the 4" with the stock intake will be a great mod..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts