Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i just had a question here for everyone that i was wondering about. Which intakes are better out of these two? The intakes with a open air box, or the intakes with the enclosed air box? Does it make a difference in performance on both? Thanks everyone

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
i like the banks system personally but if i could do it over i would have gone with the AFE stage 2

·
Registered
130 Posts
i like my stock one to be honest

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet thanks everyone, yeah im really thinking about gettin the AFE stage 2 intake....thats pretty much wat all my friends run in all their diesels and they seem to be happy with it.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
S&B are great intakes for the buck

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have a enclosed air box on that S&B intake?

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Do you have a enclosed air box on that S&B intake?
s&b is moslty inclused. its pull air from under whihc come up from under the bumper and the fender. they are the best kits besides the banks with super scoop which are twice the coin

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes i saw that banks super scoop intake, i really liked that a lot, i wonder how well that works. I have that on my mind and the AFE.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
DuramaxForum Veteran
4,506 Posts
Stock gets my vote as you really dont need to waste your money on an intake, no real advantages with a stock turbo truck and when you add a bigger turbo, aftermarket intakes wont line up.

But if you have to buy one the S&B is the best bang for the buck. Only issue with intakes that draw from the fender is that they get filled with snow on trucks with plows.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh really they dont make that for the 01s.... :(

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I have an AEM and I love it it completely removes the resonator and everything restrictive about the intake system.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya i dont think my truck has a resonator.....well at least ive heard the 01s dont have it, but those AEM are pretty sweet too ive checked those out

·
Registered
686 Posts
look around ebay , craisglist see if u can get a used afe intake II , if not s&b is a good intake for cheap...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts