Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I recently bought a 2007 classic body LBZ 2500HD duramax and it had an Airraid intake, I switched the intake for an AFE pro dry S and my check engine light came on my truck which use to run fast is now sluggish and has problems getting up and going it also had the beautiful legendary scream of a duramax which has now been replaced by a disgusting claking noise which I assume to be injectors, I would like the AFE intake to work well like my air raid did, or else I will be forced to go bak to my other one, if anyone has any helpful tips plz let me know. I don't know wat the claking is and I want my truck to run normally again someone please help.

Thank you,
CHEVY NATION

·
Registered
619 Posts
The only thing I can think of that would cause problems with an intake install is if you forgot to plug the MAF sensor back in. Or you got an intake that possibly has the MAF in the wrong location.
That's what I was thinking. Did you clean the MAF sensor when you installed the new intake?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hooked up the mass airflow sensor correctly and I took it to get the ECU read and it says the code was reading heat flow or something in the MAF I checked this later and found a broken o-ring, this part is now replaced and the truck did regain some power but is still sluggish and the claking is still very loud, I'm taking it to a family friend mechanic today but I do trust y'all's input and tips guys and I appreciate y'all's help if any of my new information helps u guys come up with another problem throw it my way plz I'm just trying to get my duramax back to 110%

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And yes I did clean it, I'm now thinking about just buying a whole new MAF all together

·
Registered
619 Posts
I believe the MAF is a pretty expensive piece. What if you throw the old intake back on and see if that cures the problem then you could atleast rule out the MAF before replacing a working part?

Also what did you use to clean it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very good idea, ill try this today after classes. Wat I don't understand is why I would be hearing such a bad sound from behind my pedals wen my intake is on the complete other side of my engine, the claking noise is my main concern and wat I think is the real problem as my truck NEVER made that sound before. And once the new intake was in then there it was its just a mystery to me, the best way to describe it it is that it sounds like a ford!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fixed it!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found out the mass airflow sensor was reading completely wrong due to the circuit board being cracked and was sending the wrong airflow mixture to my engine causing my injectors to basically starve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts