Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will an aftermarket intake take away from black smoke? The reason i am asking is because i see all these trucks blowing smoke and they run the same thing i do(Quadzilla S2). My truck wont smoke at all and i am on the 135 tune. I just want to make sure nothing is wrong with my truck.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody got any ideas?

·
Registered
589 Posts
imo its better if it doesnt smoke, even tho it makes the girls horny. wasted fuel=lost power

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My truck has great get up and go. It runs excellent i have been looking at pictures and watching videos on youtube of these guys with the same setup same motor and they can blow smoke like crazy on 135 my truck wont even puff. What i have is listed in my sig. Do you think if i got rid of the intake and boost valve it would smoke more?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand that. just wanting to know how the 135 tune is suppose to smoke like a freight train according to everybody and mine doesnt even puff on the 135 tune.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok thanks for the help. do you think my fuel filter has anything to do with it its been on there for 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok what about a lift pump will that help any?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
10k on the fuel filter is most likely your problem

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok well how many miles do i need to put on one?

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
you dont need a lift pump...also more air/booost=less black smoke but more power

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
every 5-7k

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok thanks for all the help. Im gonna go change my fuel filter.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Just get in the habit of changing your fuel filter every time you change your oil. Thats what I do

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.