Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new 2011 GMC owner and I have a question regarding the ITBC. Has anyone hooked up a trailer with electric/hydraulic brakes to an '11 GMC with the ITBC? If so did it control the brakes properly? I ask because my Owners manual states that it is only compatible with electric brakes and I have a trailer with electric/hyd disc brakes and although my 08 Ford had a ITBC the Ford owners manual said the same thing and it controlled the brakes just fine. I know when I hook it up I will find out the answer but I'm curious to get some answers ahead of time so I might know what I might be up against, thanks.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Titan BrakeRite SD Adapter for Ford/Chevy Integral Brake Controller - This adapter allows the electric-over-hydraulic BrakeRite Severe-Duty actuating system to properly communicate with the controller while also regulating the amperage to an appropriate level.

Titan BrakeRite SD Adapter for Ford/Chevy Integral Brake Controllers Titan Accessories and Parts T4845900

For a trailer with electric over hydraulic brakes, you will first need an electric over hydraulic brake actuator. I recommend the Titan BrakeRite EHB Electric-Hydraulic Actuator for Disc Brakes, # T4813100. I have included a link to the installation details for you to view. Since your 2008 Chevy Silverado has a factory integrated brake controller, you will need an adapter, # T4846000, so the integrated brake controller and EHB unit can properly communicate.

Other links:
Integrated brake controller w/ elec over hydraulic trailer brakes - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

ITBC not working with camper brakes - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

·
Registered
87 Posts
Please see the excellent reply provided by Bob G. at etrailer concerning the use of adapters to make electric/hydraulic brake units work with the GM ITBC brake control. Recommendation for Activation of Electric Over Hydraulic Trailer Brake with GM OEM Brake Controller | etrailer.com

I am currently on an extended trip with the Tow Brake HD3000 with a magnet installed across the blue and ground leads. It is working well with the GMC ITBC.

George

1 - 4 of 4 Posts