Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had my truck for just over 2 weeks now and love it for the most part. That said, I find the Intellilink system a little lacking. It seems cumbersome to navigate from one screen to the next and so forth, in fact, the system in my wife's 2011 Tahoe seems much more intuitive and easy to use. Maybe its just me.

What isnt just me however, is the response time of commands given to the system. A few examples:
  1. If I press the steering wheel control to go to the next song or back up a few songs, there is a roughly 6-7 second delay before anything happens
  2. The navigation system seems to take a long time to get a signal on startup
  3. When pressing 'rear media' to toggle through the available inputs there is a 5 or so second delay from the time the button is pressed until the next input selection is shown (this is for the RSE system)
  4. If going to the home page to access a different screen that the one being used there is again a significant pause before the system repsonds to your input request.

Overall, the entire system just seems sluggish. One thought I had was it may be due to my phone, I have several thousand contacts in my phone and if each time I start the vehicle the system sifts through all my contacts could that be what is slowing the system down for a while after initial startup?

Anyone else having a similar experience?

I used the search function in this forum and Googled the problem as there are obviously other GMC vehicles that use this system and to my surprise, this doesnt seem like a common complaint.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has no one else experienced this?

I also noticed that when I lock and unlock the truck from the key fob there is a delay on the second button press (i.e. to unlock all doors or get the horn when locking).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.